How to get your first Provisional Driving Licence
Before you can start learning to drive or take any of the three driving tests (multiple choice theory test, hazard perception test, and practical test) you need to apply for a provisional driving licence.
You can also apply by post by completing a D1 application form, which you can get from most Post Office branches. Send your completed application and payment to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD.
DRIVING LESSONS ONLINE - that will save you £'s on learning to drive! Start here >>
To get your first provisional driving card online for a car, motorcycle or moped you need to:
- be a resident of Great Britain
- meet the minimum age requirement
- meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- pay £34.00 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card (or £43.00 if applying by post)
- have a valid UK passport or other form of identity
- have your National Insurance number if known
- provide addresses where you’ve lived for the last 3 years
What is a Provisional Driving Licence?
Lost provisional licence
Prepare for Driving Theory Test
Hazard Perception Mock Test and Practice Online
When can I take my DVSA theory test for driving?
Free demo mock theory test
Case Studies in DVSA Theory Test